Qualia Mind is a nootropic stack from Neurohacker Collective family of supplements and is, in fact, there is a second iteration of Qualia. This version combines the previous 2 bottles for doses into one single cohesive stack along the same lines as Mind Lab Pro by Optinutra. Qualia is designed to promote focus, energy and mental clarity. The formula is also non-GMO, Gluten Free and suitable for vegans and currently is available in a caffeine free version.
Qualia Mind vs. OG Qualia
As I said this is Qualia 2.0, the first version came in two bottles instead of the now compact one. A post from the Neurohacker FAQ says:
“Qualia Mind was formulated to be Qualia 2.0. We took all of the feedback from our community we received in the 2 years of Qualia being available and continually worked to make design improvements. Qualia Mind is the result of those efforts.
We streamlined the intake and were able to reduce it from two bottles, two steps, and created a simplified 1 step product with fewer capsules to take.
The design goal was to make it just as effective as Qualia Original Stack while being much easier to utilize.”
I agree. The changes to Qualia are significant even though it retains the rather steep asking price. It’s good to see a company taking feedback from its users to improve its products, I’m excited to see what Qualia 3.0 holds in store.
Benefits of Qualia Mind
Qualia promotes itself as dealing five major cognitive enhancements:
- Beats Brain Fog – Allows you to easier ignore distractions around you and focus
- Increased Willpower – Grants drive and clarity all day
- Lasting Energy – Smooths out energy levels for the whole day.
- Effortless Focus – Promotes clarity all day for increased focus
- Promotes Brain Wellbeing – In addition to the cognitive enhancements Qualia Mind also looks out for the long-term health of your brain
Qualia Mind Ingredients
Qualia Mind is comprised of 28 different ingredients which are then categorized into 6 different groups:
- Nootropic Compounds – for improved cognitive function
- Neuro-Vitamins – helps restore and maintain the nutrient levels for the nervous system
- Antioxidants – repair cell damage
- Adaptogen extracts – preserve the health of cells
- Amino Acids – natural ingredients that are the building blocks of neurotransmitters
- Choline Donors – boosts acetylcholine supply to allow more effective communication between the brain and the rest of the body
Now let’s break down each ingredient and their dosages into its respective group.
But bear with me there are quite a few.
- Huperzine A – 50 mcg
A natural cognitive enhancer that limits the body’s production of an enzyme that degrades and inhibits the neurotransmitter ‘acetylcholine’. Studies suggest this may help fend off cognitive decline in the elderly
- Celastrus Paniculatus Seed Extract – 60 mg
CPSE is a herb found to enhance learning and memory. It can also protect the brain from certain harmful neurotoxins.
- Phosphatidylserine(PS) – 100 mg
Is actually found naturally occurring in the brain. It has been found to reduce stress and decrease forgetfulness among other cognitive benefits.
- Theobromine – 100 mg
Is closely related to caffeine extracted from cocoa beans with a similar function of increasing alertness and focus.
- Uridine Monophosphate – 250 mg
Is also a naturally occurring compound which helps with long-term memory.
- Coffeeberry® (caffeine) – 90 mg
Found in tea and coffee mostly caffeine is an ingredient most are already aware of. I have my own review on caffeine as a nootropic here. Qualia Mind is also available in a non-caffeine variant.
- Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) – 1000 mcg
Comes as an active form of B12 and found to have anti-aging and neuroprotective effects as well as, improved executive function and memory
- Niacin (as Niacinamide) – 50 mg
Again is Vitamin B3 found naturally in the body and has been shown to prevent cognitive aging effects.
- Pantothenic Acid (as calcium pantothenate) – 50 mg
Is a form of Vitamin B5 with nootropic effects including improved concentration.
- Vit B6 (as Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate) – 20 mg
Is one of the most active forms of B6 which play a part in improved mood.
- Vit D3 (as Cholecalciferol) – 25 mcg
This is a form of Vitamin D with antioxidant and neuroprotective effects which again prevent aging induce mental degeneration.
- Benfotiamine – 100 mg
Is derivative of vitamin B1 with neuroprotective effects and can increase energy, mood, and alertness.
- Vit C (as Ascorbic Acid) – 100 mg
Boosts the immune system and helps decrease fatigue and improve mood
- Pyrroloquinoline quinone – 10 mg
PQQ has been shown to have a powerful neuroprotective effect and can help with cognitive decline.
- DHA (as Docosahexenoic Acid from Algae) – 200 mg
DHA is an omega-3 fatty acid with neuroprotective and nootropic effects including improved memory and mood.
- Artichoke Stem and Leaf Extract – 500 mg
Artichoke contains cynarin, having the potential to significantly improve memory and executive function.
- Bacopa Monnieri Leaf Extract – 300 mg
Some studies show that it can improve memory with formation and recall.
- Coleus Forskohlii Root – 20 mg
Forskolin improves learning, memory, and mental stamina.
- Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract – 50 mg
It is known to delay cognitive aging effects.
- Mucuna Pruriens Seed – 100 mg
Is a mood enhancer and has been shown to increases focus and motivation.
- Rhodiola Rosea Root – 300 mg
Is a flowering plant and a biologically active compound can improve memory and focus.
- N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine – 250 mg
It can increase attention, motivation, and concentration, and improves memory and learning.
- Taurine – 200 mg
Can improve memory and help reduce anxiety.
- L-Theanine – 200 mg
Is naturally found in green tea and has been shown in cases to improve memory.
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine – 500 mg
It can decrease fatigue and improve attention, memory, learning and executive function.
- DL-Phenylalanine – 300 mg
DLPA has been shown to enhance mood and can increase alertness and improve memory and learning.
- Alpha GPC – 200 mg
Alpha-GPC can prevent cognitive decline and can show an increase in attention and memory.
- Cognizin Citicoline – 150 mg
CDP Choline decreases age-related memory impairment and cognitive decline and enhances attention, learning and memory.
Qualia Mind vs Mind Lab Pro
In many ways, Qualia Mind and Mind Lab Pro are nootropic stacks with a similar effect on cognitive enhancement.
But they do vary in some ways;
More ingredients included in nootropic stacks doesn’t always mean better. Many prefer Mind Lab Pro as it has a “cleaner” formulation (fewer components) (Mind Lab Pro has 11 while Qualia Mind has 28) that offer similar benefits to that of Qualia Mind.
Mind Lab Pro – $65
Qualia Mind (2 options)
- Subscription: $89 for the first one and $119 per month after that
- One-off Purchase: $139 per bottle
As you can see Qualia Mind is significantly more expensive (nearly 2x) than Mind Lab Pro even with the lower price with a subscription. But that said it doesn’t make it objectively expensive. In defense of the price;
- If you were sourcing the ingredients yourself, it would cost a lot more
- Has fuller stack that can also replace many multivitamin supplements
Ultimately I would say if you are already taking a multivitamin then maybe Mid Lab Pro is the cleaner formula, but if you are starting from scratch with supplements and are currently using nothing else, then definitely Qualia is worth a look.
How to Use Qualia Mind
The recommended amount is 7 pills per day though you can adjust it as you like higher or lower within 1-3 capsules depending.
When to take it
Qualia Mind is best taken before breakfast on an empty stomach to encourage maximum absorption. Though if you are feeling nauseous after taking it then with your first meal of the day works too.
Cycling is actually built into the dosages for Qualia Mind. As you can tell you actually get 22 days supply (154 pills). This means the cycle is on a weekly basis (5 days on 2 days off)
Where to buy Qualia?
Fortunately, Qualia Mind is more available than many nootropic stacks like Mind Lab Pro (which can only be purchased from their website)